Saturday, October 28, 2017

Never Cross a Hillwig (or a Hex)

The fanfic-filching skunk has been vanquished! I got a hold of Amazon's copyright dept. and told them the situation, even going so far as to provide links to where the thief took the story from (DC2 had loaded some issues to Feedbooks many years ago and made them free to download...the moron didn't even bother to remove the Feedbooks watermark from the files!). Amazon contacted me within 4 hours and told me they'd get rid of the stolen work, and sure enough, you can't find hide nor hair of it on the site anymore.
For those of you wondering what exactly got stolen, it was the second chapter of "Jonah Hex: Shades of Gray". Why that chapter as opposed to the first or any others, I can't say, nor do I care, I'm just glad it's over with. And if you've never read the story and are curious as to what the fuss is about, here are links to the two official, FREE sites you can read it on (we've wiped Feedbooks clean of DC2 fics as a precautionary measure:

DC2 (first chapter is at the bottom): http://idlewilder.proboards.com/board/155/jonah-hex-shades-gray 

FanFiction.Net (I just updated it there, adding a note about this whole debacle): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6442839/1/Jonah-Hex-Shades-of-Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment