Friday, June 17, 2011

There's a first time for everything, and I reckon this is mine.

I've been debating about doing one of these blog dinguses for a couple of years, mainly because it seems like everybody else is yammering away in public forums except for me.  I don't do Facebook or Twitter or whatever other social network invention has sprung up.  I'm an introvert most times, and I only really reach out when I feel like I have something to say that isn't just noise.  I'm also a writer (or at least I'm trying to be), so when I do say things, I can be a tad long-winded.  That's an up-front warning, kids.

Overall, though, I'm a fangirl.  I can quote from various corners of pop culture without blinking an eye.  I can walk into a comic book store and not look lost, and am equally comfortable at a horror movie convention (though there are some aspects of the genre that can make me feel faint...I'm not so good with blood sometimes).  And I can even recognize things that haven't been popular since my parents (and possibly my grandparents) were in school.  This isn't a matter of studying, mind you, it's just that stupid junk sticks in my head.  That's my superpower, if you will.  I probably couldn't tell you what I had for dinner last night, but I can identify at least half the members of the Legion of Super-Heroes (both pre-Crisis and post-Zero Hour variations).

So that's gonna be the main thrust of this blog.  Me poking at various and sundry aspects of comics and movies and what-have-you, along with the continuing adventures of my attempts at getting published.  I promise to never talk at length about my job or my family problems or some other mundane subject (not unless it's relevant to, say, my latest trip to Motor City Comic Con).  If I get boring, feel free to tell me so in the Comments section.  Also, bear with me as I learn the ropes of this "blogging" thing.  The appearance of this page is probably gonna change about a half-dozen times before I get it that way I want it.

That's all for now.  Go look at something else on the Interwebs for a bit while I'm busy redecorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment