Friday, August 19, 2016

Self-Pub Progress Report #2

I am registered with CreateSpace now! Signing up was pretty quick and painless, but their terms of service took quite a while to read (two most important points: I will own all rights to my work, and I cannot refer to Amazon/CreateSpace as my publisher...they are just the printer). The only downside to CreateSpace I've found so far is that the big chain bookstores like Barnes & Noble probably won't stock my book in-store, since Amazon doesn't have the same kind of bulk return policy as a big publisher. However, the B&N employee I spoke with said they will order individual copies for any customer that requests one. Also, some of the smaller independent bookstores in my area operate on a consignment basis, with me getting 70% of the sale, so I can get my books stocked with them.
I'm also happy to report that the art for the promo flyer is done! Matt Erkhart did a fantastic job, and he'll be designing the backside with all the book info once I figure out what exactly we're putting there. Check outhttp://erkhart.deviantart.com/ for some samples of his work, and come back tomorrow to get a look at his Swords & Sixguns work.

No comments:

Post a Comment