Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Holding the Victory Flag High

If you follow my personal page on Facebook, you might've seen the post I'm tagged in regarding this, but since that announcement came as a bit of surprise to me, I reckoned I should follow it up with a more-detailed version of the good news: Swords & Sixguns has a publisher again!

It all began in early May, when my husband came across a post on one of the horror-themed pages he visits.  A writer named Rob DiLauro was starting up his own company, Fear Front Publishing, and decided to have an open submissions period before they officially launch on June 1st.  Since I was trying to get back into "query mode", I sent him the first three chapters, a full summary and word count, plus a cover letter explaining the Permuted Press kerfuffle.  Not long after, DiLauro sent me an email welcoming me into the Fear Front family.  That was last week.  If you're wondering why I wasn't shouting about it from the rooftops then, it's because I haven't signed a contract yet, nor have we talked any details at all, aside from him saying I'd be part of the "first rotation" of authors.  I didn't realize that'd mean the book would be coming out this fall!

While there's no official website for Fear Front yet, I can tell you that they are comin' out with guns a-blazin': they're trying to negotiate rights with Warner Bros./New Line at the moment to publish a YA novel about the life of Freddy Kruger (pardon my French, but that's a pretty ballsy move for a new company), and their fall roster overall has 14 titles on it, including my own.  You can learn a little more about what's in store for Fear Front on Rob DiLauro's Facebook page, and of course I'll post here -- as well as on FB -- about anything significant to Swords & Sixguns.

Hold on tight, kids' 'cause it looks like this crazy ride is startin' up again!


No comments:

Post a Comment