Monday, November 1, 2021

Be a part of Hex history!


 You may recall I said last year that I was working on getting "An Illustrated History of Jonah Hex" published.  Well, I'm still working on that, and I'd like your help.  Y'see, I wantto do more with this than merely scan pages of comics like I've been doing the past 10 years, I want to showcase the actual art that went into making Jonah Hex the baddest bounty hunter for 5 decades running.  To do that, I need access to the original art.  I've already contacted a few folks who are willing to help in that regard, but I want to throw the net a bit wider.  There's so many artists that've worked on the character, so the more samples I get get, the happier I'll be.  And if we can include some great fan art in this project as well, I'll be even happier, because it's the fans that've kept him alive all this time, so they deserve their own recognition in what'll likely be the ONLY Hex history book to ever be printed.

The only downside is that ain't nobody gonna get paid for this.  I'm not really expecting to make oodles of cash off of this myself (Hell, I've been doing it for free all this time already!), just so long as it generates enough revenue to pay for the books I print, that'll be fine.  Everyone who contributes will get a "thank you" in the book, so I hope that's enough compensation for y'all.

So please, if you own any original Hex art -- covers, pages, or sketches -- by any artist (or even your own work!), contact me over at swordsandsixgunsnovel@gmail.com with "Hex Book" in the subject line.  In the meantime, I'm gonna get crackin' on the final chapters!

No comments:

Post a Comment