Tuesday, November 1, 2022

A mite slow on the draw

 As you regular readers of this blog likely know, I've been working on turning "An Illustrated History of Jonah Hex" into an actual published book.  I'd hoped to have it done by now, but there have been distractions along the way, one of which was writing a Hex tribute of sorts for the anthology book The Fans are Buried Tales.  I've also got something else up my sleeve that I hope to have out next month, but my original notion of releasing the Hex history book as part of a big 50th anniversary celebration of the character...well, I failed on that end.  I'm still going to release the book, but it won't be for another year or so.  Frankly, I'm a little disappointed that DC let the occasion slip by without so much as a cameo of the old man somewhere (unless you wanna count "Hex's Texas Steakhouse" sign in the background of that League of Super-Pets movie).



Until the book becomes a thing, I'll continue with the Hex history posts here, though they'll likely be of the Appendix sort, keeping "The New 52" and beyond for the actual book.  I appreciate y'all sticking by me as I move at my stupid-slow writing pace, and remember, if you have any sketches or original pages/covers you'd like to contribute to the book, drop me a line at swordsandsixgunsnovel@gmail.com and we'll have us a palaver.  Also, if you'd like to meet me in person, I'll be at Blue Water International Comic-Con in Port Huron, MI on November 19th.  Come on by, say hello, and buy some stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment