Saturday, December 17, 2011

Time to ruin the Christmas Pageant!

This is a new one on me.  My husband heard from someone at work that there's more lyrics to that old "Jingle Bells" parody we all learned as kids.  You know the one...

"Jingle bells, Batman smells
Robin laid an egg
The Batmobile lost a wheel
And the Joker got away!"

I picked this up at some point when I was still in the single digits, and my husband never heard it until The Simpsons did it in the late '80s, but neither of us was aware of a second verse.  So I did what we all do these days: I Googled it.  Turns out there's over a dozen varieties of this song, some with a Batman theme (which appears to have started around the same time as the Adam West TV show), others focusing on Santa and his gang, and a lot of 'em involving guns, busted skis, and bleeding to death.  Real holiday spirit.  Anyways, if you'd like to learn new ways to drive people crazy when you're out caroling, click here and scroll down the massive list of alternate lyrics.  Consider it an early Christmas gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment