Sunday, April 5, 2020

Time to do some "birthday" shopping!



You may recall that, in the early days of developing Richard Corrigan as a character, I gave the fella a birthday.  Specifically, he was born on April 5, 1854, which means he'd be 166 today if he was, y'know, a real dude.  Today would also be the second day of Blue Water Intl. Comic Con if the world hadn't decided to up and have itself a pandemic.  Had I been at the con today, I might've brought in some mini cupcakes or something to celebrate (nothing like free treats to bring folks to your table!), but instead, I'm at home doing my best to self-isolate.  After having missed two shows last year due to a family emergency, it's become obvious that I need another sales channel besides cons, Amazon, and a couple of indie bookstores.  Lucky for me, Square -- whom I do my credit/debit sales through -- offered me free website space just as everything began to go on lockdown.

So that's what I've been doing the past couple of weeks when I'm not working at my "essential" day job: setting up an official "Swords & Sixguns" store to debut on Richard's birthday.  The Weebly template is pretty basic, but that's fine, since I only have a few things to offer right now (as seen above).  At the moment, I'm only set up to ship within the United States, so if you live elsewhere, contact me and I'll see what I can do about international shipping.  Also, I have a small amount of secret freebie items that I'll be slipping into the first few orders, 'cause what's a birthday without gifts, eh?  So head on over to https://susanhillwig.square.site and put in your order so's ya got something to read while you're staying safe at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment