Tuesday, March 19, 2019

I'm Famous on the Internet, Thrice Over


In case you hadn't come across it yet, I managed to get cited in an article on Bleeding Cool yesterday.  As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I've been picking up Jonah Hex's appearances in DC's Walmart-exclusive comics for the past 6 months, and I've been eager to see where this is all heading, so I was very excited to get my hands on the newest issues last Saturday.  That double-page spread up top from Batman Giant #9 kinda threw a damper on things for me, though, because seeing Bats call Jonah by the absolute wrong friggin' rank just knocked be right outta the story.  I actually stewed over this for a few hours, thinking, "How could they screw up such a well-documented piece of information?  Hell, I wrote an entire entry for my Jonah Hex history project about his military service!  It ain't exactly a secret that Jonah only made it as far as lieutenant!  Why in blazes would Bendis bump him all the way up to colonel?"

So I eventually did what I always do when it comes to inconsistencies in Hex history: I researched the heck out of it.  I'm still not 100% sure if Brian Michael Bendis did this in error or not, but I did find him a loophole in case this was a legit mistake (read the article if you haven't already), and I figured the best way to make it official was get the info out to one of the comics news websites, none of which were talking about this yet.  I tried Bleeding Cool first, and they loved it and put it up on the site within 24 hours of me sending it in.  I don't know how far or wide the info will spread, but if y'all could do me the favor of sharing the article around, I'd greatly appreciate it.

By the by, I plan on putting a sign up on my table at Bluewater International Comic-Con that says, "Ask me about my article on Bleeding Cool!"  I'm gonna exploit the heck outta this!

No comments:

Post a Comment