Wednesday, October 16, 2019

150 down, 50 to go!

Despite having to cancel a couple of appearances back in May, I did manage to sell enough copies of Swords & Sixguns: An Outlaw's Tale over the course of this year to finally hit the 150 mark.  As you may recall, I've talked about 200 being the "friends and family" number, meaning that -- for the average author -- if you can sell more than 200 copies, you've managed to sell to more than just folks that know you personally.  So I'm doing well in that regard.  My only concern is how much the sales have slowed down: before the first year had passed, I'd sold 100 copies, but it's taken close to two years to sell another 50.  So I'll be changing things up a little next year, with a different display at cons and some eye-catching items added.  Book 2 is still in progress (other projects have taken up my time, along with some personal stuff), and I'm hoping that, once it's out there on my table alongside Book 1, sales overall will jump up a bit.

Speaking of cons, I've already bought my table for next year's Bluewater International Comic-Con, plus I'll be part of a little pre-Black Friday event over at Paperback Writer Books in Mt. Clemens next month on November 22nd (they're the fine folks that let me sell my wares during the Made in Michigan Festival every year).  Keep an eye on my Facebook page for more info on that.  And as always, if'n ya want to help me out by spreading the word about Swords & Sixguns, I'd be much obliged.  We're nearly three years into this gig now, and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment